CLand Graduate Program
|CLand develops an ambitious graduate programme enhancing synergies between academic partners, developing links between research and education and with non-academic partners, and filling the gaps of the existing master and PhD programmes in Ile-de-France.|
The components of this program include the following points:
- Identification or development of research-based International graduate tracks:
- Identification of modules within the existing master pathways or creation of modules, as numerical resources in French and English
- Labeling of the pathways for student following this track (modules from their pathway + a number of additional modules)
- Promotion of double diplomas whenever it is possible and relevant
- Coordination of European Marie Curie ITN programmes
- Linking Research to education:
- Organisation of international workshops / summer schools with PKU, CAAS and IIASA;
- Organisation of individual MSc and doctoral projects with the research projects supported by CLand.
- Mentoring of students by scientific staff and by other students
- Linking Industry to education:
- Involvement of staff from the private sector staff in teaching (seminars) and student mentoring;
- Development of personal research and entrepreneurship projects to students for their MSc thesis, defined with private sector partners and with the Climate KIC education pillar
- Mentoring of students by industrial partners
- Supporting graduate education:
- Offer Msc. mobility grants both to attract students in CLand masters and allow students to make internship in international partners of CLand
- Offer doctoral grants to the best MSc. students, with 3 full grants per year (and up to 6 ½ grants)
- Support the development of joint courses and pathways between Grandes Ecoles and Universities within UPSaclay in order to bridge the gap between the two types of institution.
- Promoting renewed learning methods:
- Developing and supporting e-learning developments
- Promoting active learning methods for students and their professors, such as inverted classroom, problem-based approaches, group project work, and interdisciplinary workshops and thematic schools
In addition to these activities, CLand supports Master students looking for experience by offering several internship grants each year.