Albedo & Climate Change Mitigation - December 3-4, 2020
Can albedo change offset the climate benefit of carbon sequestrating practices?
The climate benefit of land use and land use change is often quantified through the change in biochemical aspects, especially soil organic carbon stocks and greenhouse gases emissions. However, recent studies suggest that biophysical aspects, such as albedo change, should also be considered to better estimate the radiative forcing of different practices.
Already confirmed speakers:
- Ryan BRIGHT (Norwegian Institute for Bioeconomy Research, NIBIO)
- Eric CESCHIA (Centre d'Etudes Spatiales de la Biosphère, CESBIO)
- Philippe CIAIS (Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement, LSCE/CEA)
- Edouard DAVIN (ETHZ, Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science)
- Sebastiaan LUYSSAERT (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Jean-Louis ROUJEAN (CNRS)
- Sonia SENEVIRATNE (ETHZ, Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science)
The Albedo & Climate Change Mitigation Workshop will take place on December 3 and 4, 2020, in the Jacques Alliot lecture hall at CIRAD in Montpellier (FRANCE).
On the Albedo & CCM Workshop's Website, you will find the agenda that will be updated regularly, information on the keynote speakers and practical information about the venue.